30 August 2012

Colour Me In: A Simple Yellow Manicure!

'Colour Me In' is a series of posts in collaboration with Alice of ArsyParsy, Tezza of Myteeefine and Amanda of Thai-Tales!

*****


Hi gorgeous! How have you all been?

If you live in Sydney, you'd know that the weather has just been AWESOME lately (more awesome especially for today!) -- we're talking about no gloomy clouds but instead.. bright sunshines!

Yipeee! That means Spring is just on its way! Hoooray!

So today's post will contain a yellow-based Spring manicure by moi & sad to say, I'm actually not THAT great with nail art :P I know dots, lines and the basic stuff, but nothing too detailed!

Are you ready?!

.....


Here it is....

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Simple, huh? Well that's me! As simple as.............. a dimple (awkward similie). 
Here are the tools and nail polishes that I've used..

 

So from left to right..

1. Smiley face with a bow!
Yellow reminds me most of those MSN emoticons, with the yellow colour as a face. So I've recreated my little happy face for Spring!

2. Simple with two green diamantes!
I've always loved something as simple as this. Yeap! Just two small, green diamantés on a yellow base to remind you of the refreshing Spring time, without over-doing it!

3. Dotted french nail outline!
Break off the white line of the French nails! Turn it green! Dot it! It's a fun twist to the usual French white nails baby! Hell yeah, you can make it dashed, solid or smaller dotted if you want to! Or go with colour blocking choices!

4. Yellow in shapes.
Ok, I admit it. I wasn't sure what I was doing with this. Originally, I was suppose to 'recreate the inner pattern of a lemon fruit', but it ended up looking like an outline of a pizza so I went wild. Coloured some triangles in dark with Utla3's Frangipani and some in solid white.

5. Something.
I'm not exactly sure what I did here, but I started off with a yellow french tip, then pulled lines of yellow down from the nail base and finished off with green crosses. LOL! Err... I really like it, but I can't really tell you what the inspiration was behind this one. What do you think?


So that's it! I definitely will be sporting yellow, orange and lotsa pinks and pastel shades this Spring! You watch me!!


What are YOUR go-to Spring nail shades?



For more yellow nails to keep you inspired, check out Amanda's edgy yellow nails and Alice's steps into creating sunset gradient nails! Of course, if you're not at all about yellow nails, go ahead and check out what's Tezza has posted for you at her space! Psssst.. it's something "lemon-aid-y"..

No comments :

Post a Comment

Show Emoticons

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...