28 November 2012

NOTD: Sweet & Sour Nails with Face Of Australia & Max Factor

So I was prancin' around on Facebook last night and saw a photo of one of the many nail trends -- different coloured nails on each hands. I then glanced at the comments where so many people said 'nay', mainly because it looked 'unfinished' and 'odd' and I whole-heartedly agree with them!

I'm not sure which company's or brand's Facebook page it was on.. wish I could find it to show you, but the photo used blue and yellow nail colours.. such a cute colour-blocking combo!

So I decided to give it a try with my own twist!


I used Face Of Australia's Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy and Max Factor's Mini Nail Polish in Candy Blue.

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy is such a bright sunshine yellow on my hands! The consistency is perfect, but the formula wasn't anything impressive like the previous Face Of Australia nail collections... could just be the nature of pastel nail colours, but I thought FOA would've nailed it. Meep.


I had to apply 4-5 coats to get it this opaque, but I could still see the uneven blotches at a closer look... :(

On the other hand (punny!), Candy Blue applied perfectly. I think the short handle of Max Factor's Mini Nail Polishes makes it easier for me to apply. Love everything about this nail polish.. from colour to consistency and formula.


I applied 3 coats here... it's such a pretty blue! I can't wait to see how it'd look like with a matte top coat over! :D

So there it is! Two different nail colours with a twist...



What do you think? Would you ever wear two different nail colours?
How do you like the combination?


More stuff coming soon!

6 comments :

  1. I really like the colour negative, of you can call it that, on the opposite hand trend. Awesome colours too. I own both those polishes so I might give this a go. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wear two different colours on my nails; mostly because I can't choose what colour to wear so it's easier to wear two. My favourite combination is OPI Fly and OPI Did It' On Em. But it works with any bright colours.

    It might just be that the nailpolish is yellow as with all my yellow nailpoilshes, they don't apply nicely, whatever brand they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL "on the other hand". That was great(: I like this trend, plus yellow and blue are my most favorite color combination!

    chochalistas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That combination looks great :) but i agree the FOA pastel range isn't my favourite application wise which is a shame as the colours all look so great. I find it hard to find a nice yellow pastel colour =(

    From your newest subscriber :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pastel yellow. It's so gorgeous. It makes me think of Easter and baby chicks hahaha.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...