11 February 2013

Simple Valentine's Day Manicure

Sorry for the 2 days of being MIA guys! I've been addicted to Candy Crush Saga app lately... Started two days ago and got hooked! Didn't even think I'd be posting today to be honest... Ya I know. So silly!!!

So anyways, I didn't think I'd give nail art a try for V'tines (aka Single Awareness Day) this year AT ALL! Just because I'm truly your biggest nail art noob! But hey, next thing you know.. I whipped out a nail art brush to give it a whirl and I actually nailed (oh, punny!) something presentable :P


Doesn't look TOO bad right?! >_<"

For the base colour, I've used Australis' Nail Polish in 'Satine' that I've purchased from the markets for a mere dollar.


Australis' nail colours have always been both hits and misses for me! Some shades applied beautifully, but some were gloopy as hell. I actually don't know how I feel about Satine. It sure isn't thick and uneven like most Australis' nail lacquers I've tried, but it's quite sheer. I feel like you need to put that extra bit of effort in to get a flawless opaque finish.


Nevertheless, I still really like this vanilla shade and will definitely keep it in my collection, not to mention that I've been wearing it for 5 days now and I've only got VERY minor tip wear!!!!


Initially, I didn't think I'd like it at all because it'd be too contrasting on my darker-toned hands, but it actually looks really subtle and it's just one of those nudes that makes your nails look clean and polished, ya know? One coat of this one would also be GREAT for french nails!

I also used a regular black nail polish and a coral colour by Australis called 'Titania' which I haven't had time to trial yet so... I'll keep you updated on that as soon as I get a feel on its long-lasting time!


What's on YOUR nails this Valentine's Day?



6 comments :

  1. This is so cute! I love that it continues on each nail and it's not the same, boring mundane little heart on each nail like so many people opt for! So cute!!

    http://talisbury.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually laughed out loud at the 'aka Single Awareness Day'. Ahah. I can't believe how great these nails look! Everyone seems to be sporting hearts on nails these days but yours are gorgeous! Did you just draw them on or was there a special stencil you used? Ahah. Totally desperate to replicate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg those are the cutest V day nails!

    www.chochalistas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...