08 March 2013

NOTD: Sportsgirl's Hello Sunshine & Chi Chi's Glitter

Hi. I don't think I've posted about my NOTD in yonks! Oh. Wait. I've posted about Max Factor's Fantasy Fire not too long ago! Woooooooooops. Totally forgot >_<

So as I've mentioned in my previous nail post, I'm trying to clear out my nail polishes at the moment so I've been trying to wear ALL the nail polishes [that I'm not keen on keeping] at least once so I could review/swatch them on blog.

I've previously gone through my Rimmel London stash, cutting from 9 nail polishes down to 3. My next stop is my Sportsgirl's collection! I actually have quite a few that I don't intend to keep back and one of them is 'Hello Sunshine', a bright yellow (duh!).


Yes! I've paired it with a glitter top coat from Chi Chi. I've used the purple glitter top coat (from the same collection) before and it was disgustingly gloopy and thick. I really thought this one was going to be the same, but it's much thinner! Thank Buddha!


Chi Chi's glitter top coat contains tiny green rounds with small yellow, green and blue hex glitters! If the lighter blue was any darker, then it would probably be my go-to glitter top coat for Australia Day LOL.

Like I said, its consistency is thin which is awesome for layering! I didn't have any problems with this one, but I DID have so many problems with Sportsgirl's Hello Sunshine. Like any other yellow nail polishes (still haven't found the perfect one!), it's sheer and is so annoyingly streaky. I had to layer 5 medium coats for a full and even coverage!

Wa. As you could see, the yellow is still somewhat uneven!!! Meep.

On the plus side, its lasting power is GREAT. With 5 thick coats, it's still going good with 5 days of wear with very, very minor tip wear! However, the colour isn't really my thing so sad to say, but bye bye to this one.


Have you found the PERFECT yellow yet? 
Which was by far the worst/best yellow nail polish you've tried?


I've tried Australis' Rub-A-Dub-Dub, Face Of Australia's Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy and Rimmel's Lemon Drop. The worst of the bunch is probably Face Of Australia's Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy, for me.

9 comments :

  1. 5 coats?! Um that's absolutely insane!! It looks absolutely beautiful in the bottle however.

    http://talisbury.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh the Chi Chi glitter top coat looks nice, even though it took awhile to get it to that opacity :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. FIVE coats?! Geez, I do not have that kind of patience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also on the lookout for the perfect yellow... but alas I don't think it exists! On a brighter note, I'm loving the Chi Chi! I have this one actually but have never tried it... I'll have to whip it out for St. Patties day :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wa I used to think it may exist, but now I'm starting to shift now.. I don't think it exists either. You should try the CHI CHI glitter coat! It's so cute!

      Delete
  5. I remember loving yellow nail polish when I was a kid. In fact, it was the first nail polish colour I owned. Now, I'm not such a big fan of it. Love the Chi Chi glitter polish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Chi Chi glitter polish, but the Sportsgirl polish isn't really my colour either. I still haven't been able to find a decent yellow polish.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...