27 April 2013

Saturday's Swatches: Australis Go Long Longwear Lipsticks

Hi all. Sorry for the inconsistency in posts lately. I'm such a bad girl, but I'm so busy rushing onto last minute asessments and essays! If only I could write essays as passionately as I write up posts for this blog.. Oh man~

I'm so busy that I was considering not to post today, but 'Saturday's Swatches' is my favourite series to do! Simply because it's easy to whip up and I know it comes to be super helpful to you guys!

Last week's Saturday's Swatches, I've mentioned that I really wanted to post about Australis' Go Long Longwear Lipsticks, so here it is! ^_^


The newly released range contains 8 "semi-matte" shades which is described to be intensely pigmented whilst providing up to 10 hours wear of comfort on the lips.


Hmmmm.. what do you think?

When I received these.. my first thought was "WOW!!", but then again, who's not in for new Australis products? Not me! :P

But then I took a closer look at the shades and I'd have to say... the range has some pretty funky shades. As you can see, there's lots of browns and beiges with only 2 brights.


  • Easy Chic: A puce-toned beige
  • Ghetto and Glam: These two are REALLY similar when swatched. They confuse me (lol). However, in the tube, Ghetto is lighter and is more pink to vampy-purple, whereas Glam is deeper and is more red to vampy-purple. 
  • Boho: Another brown, but it's more tan, more warm-toned (whereas Easy Chic is more cool-toned). 



  • Uber Cool: A purple with pink tones. It's also quite dull. Doesn't look that bad on the lips actually!
  • Preppy: Light warm-toned nude pink
  • Trendy: A BRIGHT cool-toned barbie pink
  • Diva: RED. Medium-toned red.

I've worn Uber Cool and Preppy already and so far, I do like it! Can't wait to try out Trendy and Diva. I probably won't touch the other shades though... However, if you're in for dark and deeper colours, then look no further! 



Which shades are YOU eye-ing?



If you have aready tried out the range, then let us know below in the comments!

10 comments :

  1. LOL it's kinda ironic that ghetto and glam are the two similar ones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO. I've just noticed it too. Thanks for pointing it out!

      Delete
  2. I love ghetto, glam and diva!! Great post :) I can't wait to get my hands on these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooooooove Easy Chic, Boho, Ghetto and Uber Cool!!! Can't wait to go out and get my hands on these!

    <3 Izzy | Here's Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the DIVA. Red lipsticks have been on my mind lately!! Thanks for swatching them Tram!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have to agree the shade selection was a little unexpected ... especially with the more nude/brown/muted shades. Maybe I'm still infatuated with brights with the Maybelline Vivids release :p I will be keen to at least check these out and swatch them for myself when I see them in stores! Thanks for the helpful swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha your love for Vivids! My pleasure, really. I can't wait to post about these!

      Delete
  6. Uber Cool and Preppy look right up my alley. Trendy also looks quite lovely but the others are a little ..out of place? Maybe Australis was trying to create a few shades for the upcoming winter period therefore they made more darker shades. Haha who knows! Great swatches either way! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...