15 January 2015

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water

Since my previous round up post of micellar waters received much likes, I thought I'd share with you my thoughts on Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water ($11.99/400mL) in this post!


I know Bioderma was the trend-setter for micellar waters, but unfortunately, its price tag is way out of my budget range... Reason why I have settled for Garnier's version.

Neat n' nifty dispensing hole

$11.99 for a bottle of 400mL is really not a bad buy! Even if you're a bit of a heavy-handed user, just go ahead, and use it like water (pun alert)! Sometimes, you'd even catch these on a 20%~30% off sale at Priceline, so it runs to be even cheaper.

When micellar waters first hit the market, I was like... NOOOOOOOO WAY. How can something of a water-like consistency remove make-up so well?

Well, it does remove make-up! And it removes it pretty well! Trialed and tested by yours truly.


The first time I used it, I actually couldn't understand what the hype was about. But then it slowly grew on me. Before this, I was using a foaming make-up remover, or an oil-based one..? I forgot which, but either way, those two -- one [sometimes] left my skin a tad dry, and the other always left my skin oily. This is perfect.

Cleanses thoroughly and leaves my skin feeling balanced and refreshed. There'd still be little make-up residue left, but it doesn't bother me too much as I always cleanse after. With the water-like consistency, I also [really] like that it doesn't drag my skin!

As for eye make-up, although it doesn't sting/irritate, it doesn't seem to remove my mascara that well (I use Benefit They're Real & Australis Lash Length Extensions). I also prefer oil-based make-up removers (with a Q-tip) for the eye area, much more gentle.

LASTLY, because it's a water-like consistency, it can also be super travel-friendly if you transfer some into a small bottle. Easy and mess-free. Put it in a bottle with a spritz, then you'll have a SPRAY-ON MAKE-UP REMOVER. WOOHOOOOOO.


Definitely a repurchase for me, this one. Give it a go if you haven't tried it yet!


1 comment :

  1. Putting it in the little spray bottle is such a great idea!! I never even thought of that. How does it compare to the Bioderma one? Or are they exactly the same? :)

    xx angela | the sunday chapter

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...